January has been whirlwind. After everything that has happened, and even after looking back and writing down what I've done, it still doesn't feel like only a month has passed since we've entered the next decade.
Unfortunately, this month has been overshadowed by many less-than-desirable events happening across the globe. It started with the Australian bush fire crisis, which has already seen fatalities and large amounts of forest and property destroyed. Then came the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus, which has already caused more than 300 deaths in China. As if it couldn't any worse, Kobe Bryant's helicopter crashed killing him and nine others. I think the world is collectively struggling right now, but I've been trying my best to remain optimistic and keep going at it.
I'd say the biggest event this month was our family's Chinese New Year celebration. For the first time in more than 10 years, we celebrated it in Singapore, with our relatives from Malaysia flying in to visit us instead. I got to visit the Singaporean side of my family at their usual annual gathering, which I haven't done before as far as I can remember. I'm really grateful that this year we were able to meet both sides of the family at once and that all of us were able to enjoy a happy Chinese New Year.
In other news,
- My work at Taskade is in full swing now and I'm really enjoying it. I've taken ownership of a few features and also the browser extensions platform and it feels great.
- I managed to catchup with many my friends. As I've been on my internship, I haven't needed to travel to school much so I've seen them only a few times since.
- I've completed my official internship period with my school, which means that I'm pretty much done with everything I need to do before graduation!
- Visited Komma Cafe. It was really cozy and quite aesthetic. I think I'll definitely return there in the future event to just have a coffee.
Looking towards the future now,
- New features and releases are planned for Taskade, so I'll be working hard on to get them out.
- I'll also be travelling to Tokyo in a week to attend GCC 2020! I haven't been to Tokyo since I was really young, so I think this will be a wonderful experience to get to see it with my own eyes.
- My friends will also be finishing up their semester as well and will finally be working to get Triomic up and running.
I'm really looking forward to February!